Outlanders

Shadowlanders

Non-Canon Male Lions Currently Restricted
Lionesses and Non-Lions Encouraged
Outlanders and Shadowlanders Encouraged
chatbox
tagbox
Credits
The Pride Lands' Guard RPG was created by Whammy of RPG-D. No profit is made from this forum, we claim no ownership of any 'The Lion King' media!

Site graphics and skin edits made by Blackjack Bart of RPG-D. Custom forum desc created exclusively for this RPG by Thisbe of RPG-D. Rules/Cast/Species templates coded by YunoTheNine of Shine. Affiliate table by Shimmer of Shine.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

A Little Trouble After Lunch Never Hurt Anyone, [Open, Lion Guard]
Jasiri
 Posted: Jan 20 2017, 12:13 AM

Jasiri
Outlander
Hyena
33 posts
awards

It was sometime after lunch, and Jasiri had pretty much taken care of lunch and such. Since things seemed pretty okay for now, she decided it wouldn't hurt to take a quick visit to the Pride Lands and catch up with a couple of friends. It had been some time since she had seen Kion and the rest of the Lion Guard, and, well, she was a little bored was all. Nothing like a good, friendly visit to take care of that.

So of course she made sure to do it in the most amusing way of possible. And by that, she meant she simply walked into the Pride Lands near some gazelle. She didn't make any threatening moves or anything of course, but it didn't take long for them to back off a bit and some other animal ran off to get word out about "a hyena in the Prideland". Which, yeah, that was both true and expected.

Completely non-nonchalant about it, however, she simply found a rock and laid down, waiting with a grin. She'd apologize for the little stir but, well, it was bound to happen if she tried to go to Pride Rock or anything. At least here she was right at the border and problems kept to a minimum instead of scaring every animal in the Pridelands.

^
Fuli
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 02:15 AM

Fuli
Pridelander
Cheetah
17 posts
awards
N/A

//Nowhere to run

The fastest of the Pride Lands was doing a little bathing in the sun. She had her fill for lunch and took the down time before the afternoon patrol to clean herself up a bit. Not that she was that dirty from this morning but it did feel nice to get cleaned up after a meal and the warm sun added to the blissful feeling.

Fuli's attention was caught when she heard the familiar call. A hyena in the Pride Lands! She rolled her eyes as she dropped her paw back down, mid-lick. No doubt Janja was at it again. It was still around lunch time after all. The cheetah cub stood up and stretched a moment before running to see what the gazelle was doing on about for sure.

So there was a hyena down by the border. Simple enough it would seem. Janja wasn't one to make attacks without his gang but perhaps he had or maybe he had kicked someone out again. Ugh. Hyenas. "Alright. I'm on it." She reassured them. Turning, Fuli quickly bolted off towards where the last sighting was. Her plan was to check out the situation and contact the other members of the Guard if it was more than just a simple chasing off.

To the cub's surprise, it wasn't Janja related at all. Not far from the border was none other than Jasiri lounging around on a rock. "Jasiri? You are the hyena in the Pride Lands? What are you doing here?" She asked, blinking before rolling her eyes again. "Don't tell me those lions are back in the Outlands again. Doesn't any animal ever learn?" Fuli was less than amused. Why couldn't they get it the first time? Ugh!

that I can't run faster! //

user posted image
// Fastest of the Lion Guard //
^
Jasiri
 Posted: Jan 25 2017, 11:34 PM

Jasiri
Outlander
Hyena
33 posts
awards

It really didn’t surprise Jasiri that Fuli was the first to show up. Fastest in the Pride Land, right? Only other one she had expected this quickly would have been Ono scouting ahead of the group. But solo mission Fuli? Yeah, she could hang around for that.

”No, no lions in the Outlands today,” she laughs, sitting up a little bit but still hanging on the rock,”I just figured I’d pop in for a bit of a visit. Figured first animal who spotted me would run off and alert you all so saved myself the trouble,” she said, smiling a bit to show she didn’t mind the obvious implications on why animals would alert the guard about it.

^
Fuli
 Posted: Jan 28 2017, 02:11 AM

Fuli
Pridelander
Cheetah
17 posts
awards
N/A

//Nowhere to run

The hyena informed her that the Outlands were fine and she was only coming for a visit. She had planned for the gazelle, or rather any animal, to make a fuss and fetch the guard for her so she wouldn't have to go through the trouble of looking for them herself. Fuli gave a smirk. "Pr-e-tt-y clever." The cheetah admitted.

That was one way to get their attention. Hopefully the animals that saw her wouldn't be too freaked out. Then again, they did always take care of any hyenas. "I'm not sure where Kion and the other are at the moment. I was finishing my lunch when I heard the call for help. You caught us after our morning patrol." She answered.

It was likely the others were eating too or perhaps close to being done. Either way, they were likely to get the notice about Jasiri sooner or later. For now, Fuli wasn't concerned about the hyena cub. After all, she was friends with Kion and helped him get back from the Outlands.

user posted image
^
Jasiri
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 11:32 PM

Jasiri
Outlander
Hyena
33 posts
awards

”Yes, I thought it was too,” she replied, grinning a little. Yeah, it wasn’t great to take advantage of the Pride Land’s dislike of hyenas, but, well, might as well take advantage of what you could when the opportunity arose. Not like she’d get to Pride Rock or whatever without the alarm being raised anyway.

”Oh, well, if they’re out eating or whatever no rush to go bother them. We can just have some girl time or something till then…”

Huh, now that she thought about it, Fuli was the only girl in the Lion Guard, wasn’t she? Mostly trivia, but twas an interesting thing to note at least.

^
Fuli
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 03:19 AM

Fuli
Pridelander
Cheetah
17 posts
awards
N/A

//Nowhere to run

The cheetah wasn't mad or anything about being 'tricked' into coming here. If anything, she was a bit impressed, really. No one else had ever thought about doing that before. Then again, no one else lived outside the Pridelands and caused the other animals to fear them. At least not the ones that were actually welcome anyway.

Fuli figured the other members of the guard were still busy with lunch so she wasn't certain when they would come. However, that didn't bother her any at all. "Fine by me. I can go with some girl time for once." The cub smiled. While she was fine spending time with the boys, it would be nice to be with another girl for once. The princess was alright but...Kiara's friends were.... well.... not the type she would chose to be around if given the choice.

Stretching out her paws in the grass a moment, the cub straightened up with a smirk. "Got anything in mind? Though we should probably stay near the border in case some more of the animals start to panic. No need to get the whole kingdom in a fit." Fuli suggested. Who knew if her being around would help to make it seem safer, but it was probably better not to test that.

user posted image
^
Jasiri
 Posted: Feb 10 2017, 11:08 PM

Jasiri
Outlander
Hyena
33 posts
awards

”Perfect, then it’ll just be the two of then,” Jasiri replied, getting up off the rock finally. She figured that Fuli was not the type to lounge around and talk but would want to move about. After all, the cheetah was the fastest in the Pridelands, and that was not something you got by being lazy and sitting down all that time.

”I’ll be honest, I didn’t have much of a plan in mind. Just pop in, say hello and chat, that sort of thing. But a nice walk around the border seems perfectly fine,” she said, gently turning so as to start but staying near enough to be conversing with Fuli.

”So I know Kion rather well by now I think, but what about you? What brought a cheetah into the Lion Guard?”

^
Fuli
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 01:01 AM

Fuli
Pridelander
Cheetah
17 posts
awards
N/A

//Nowhere to run

The cheetah gave a nod. "Sounds fine by me. I could use a nice stretch before evening patrol." Fuli smirked a little before walking along the boarder. She preferred something a little faster but she wouldn't turn down a chance to get to know more about the hyena that Kion had befriended.

She blinked when asked how she got in the lion guard. That was a question she wasn't expecting. "Actually, Kion just asked. He found out his dad wanted him to be the new leader of the guard and so he gathered up Ono, Beshti and I to ask us to join cuz we were the best he knew." Fuli shrugged a little as her ears dropped against her head some. "I actually didn't really believe him at first. But... I'm glad I did."

If she hadn't given Kion a chance, then it was likely the Prideland would have a lot more trouble. Not only that but it kept her pretty busy and let her show off a little bit of her speed. The cub was glad to have joined the guard and it gave them more time to hang out and play. Not to mention they found out not all hyenas were bad.

user posted image
^
Jasiri
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 08:37 PM

Jasiri
Outlander
Hyena
33 posts
awards

”He just…asked? That’s it?” she said, head tilted just a little bit in confusion before straightening out and looking ahead,”Huh, was hoping for a bit more of an exciting story than that.”

She laughed, but part of her was glad it was that simple. While Kion had been kind of a butt when they first met – Pridelanders did not particularly like Outlanders after all - he did open up relatively quick when he got to know her better. There had always been a perception that lions tended to lord themselves over others and were exclusive. In other words, most Outlanders saw lions as being like that one pride that had tried to take her family’s water. It was good to know that Kion’s willingness to accept a bit more diversity was just something he did and, more importantly, his father Simba approved of.

”Though does mean the name ‘Lion Guard’ is a bit outdated, doesn’t it? Probably for the best; lions are quite overrated,”

Okay, she still had to get a few good snipes at lions.

^
Fuli
 Posted: Feb 27 2017, 01:17 AM

Fuli
Pridelander
Cheetah
17 posts
awards
N/A

//Nowhere to run

Fuli couldn't help but give a laugh when told Jasiri expected a more exciting story of the Lion Guard's formation. It likely should be really. "Well.... if you want the full story. I didn't believe he could really lead because of a silly roar. So when he tried to prove it, he just squeaked. It was really pathetic." The cheetah went on as she gave another laugh at the thought of Kion's failed attempt at the roar.

She kept her pace as to not go too fast for the hyena as her mind wandered back to that first day. They had really grown as a team since then and learned a lot. And.... she had to admit that Kion was a good leader. Even that first mission showed he was the right one for the job, as much as she hated to give a lion credit for leading.

Jasiri then pointed out that the name was a bit outdated considering that the guard no longer existed of just lions, especially since there was only one lion on the team. Fuli had to admit she still shared that same feeling of lions ruling all. "I'm liking you more and more." She smirked. Okay they weren't that bad but they still did like to rub noses in their power.

"King Simba actually scolded Kion for not choosing lions for the guard. I mean, there are other animals that are just as good if not better than the lions for the job." Fuli remarked still a little offended by it. She kept her head up though as she continued. "But we sure showed him after we took care of Janja trying to take down the herd of gazelle and saved Kiara, too. It was about time those lions saw they weren't the only ones that could handle what goes on around here." Another chuckle was given as she glanced back at Jasiri. "That more exciting for you?"

user posted image
^
Jasiri
 Posted: Mar 5 2017, 08:20 PM

Jasiri
Outlander
Hyena
33 posts
awards

”Now I’m simply disappointed I didn’t get to see that. Though I guess the sight of him falling into thorn bushes while thinking he knew how to get out of the Outlands is probably on par,” she laughs

She appreciated that Fuli was keeping pace with her. Being ‘the fastest’, Jasiri figured she was itching to move a lot faster than her own slower pace. Especially when she was purposefully being a little slow out of both laziness and just enjoying the moment. It seemed that she was giving good impression. As Fuli stated she was liking her, Jasiri simply smiled. No comment about it, just enjoying the fact that she was making more friends in the Pride Lands. With as much tension as there could be between the hyenas and the Pride Lands, even small improvements like this was helpful. Maybe one day could even maybe petition to get access to watering holes…bah, that would be far off. For now, just enjoying company was enough.

”Yes, that’s definitely a more interesting story. Although…if the stories I’ve heard from the Outlands are right, Simba is really close friends with warthog and meerkat isn’t he? Seems odd he’d be the one to get mad Kion didn’t pick a bunch of lions.”

^
Fuli
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 07:06 PM

Fuli
Pridelander
Cheetah
17 posts
awards
N/A

//Nowhere to run

She blinked at Jasiri's follow up story to her own. "He did, did he? He failed to mention that part." She smirked a little, knowing he was okay when the rest of the guard found him. But the thought of the lion cub walking into a bunch of thorn bushes because of stubbornness was an amusing thought in the least. Okay, maybe the cheetah had her moments too but that was beside the point.

Fuli stopped a moment to stretch out. Her claws digging into the dirt a bit before she quickly got back on pace. "That is a good point... I'm not really sure why the king got mad either. Maybe because lions are suppose to be the protectors or some nonsense? Either way, I think we have proved we can handle it.~" The cub smirked confidently. If not that first mission than all the others they had managed to do since then was surely enough to prove their potential now.

"Yeah, Bunga's uncles, Timon and Pumbaa. They raised Simba as a cub and have been friends since. Its a pretty strange family if you ask me. But they are pretty nice too." Fuli went on. She had to give the meerkat and warthog some credit on Bunga. The honey badger was a handful at times. Like when he thought he was immune to lava and crocodiles.... and super wise. Those were some experiences she was okay not doing again. Come to think of it, she wondered how the king was as a cub. Maybe she should ask them some day.

user posted image
^
Jasiri
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 10:20 PM

Jasiri
Outlander
Hyena
33 posts
awards

”Oh, did he now? Just imagine him being all serious about getting back home on his own before tumbling backwards into a bunch of thorny vines,” she laughs. That was the moment Kion seemed to be more open to listening to her so she couldn’t snark on it too bad, but the look on his face was still funny even after all this time.

She nodded as Fuli noted that the guard had proved themselves. It still seemed kind of weird for Simba to be originally against lions, but at least with her own experiences the Guard was capable. Helped her out, that’s for sure.”I think I can agree to that. You all definitely helped against that stray lion herd…thank you again, by the way.

She took a pause at the note that the warthog and meerkat were not only friends with Simba but had raised him. One, that definitely meant probably should have been more aware of the capabilities of non-lions. But second, he was raised by them? She had heard the stories of Mufasa and Scar and when hyenas were in the Prideland. But she had never really thought on where Simba had been. And…whew, that was a weird thing to find out. Especially since that made him…what, cousins with Bunga?

”Well…that’s an interesting royal family then. Lion king raised by a meerkat and warthog while being cousins with a honey badger,” she laughs,”But, I think that’s one thing I like about the Pridelands. I mean, I don’t mind being out on my own, but I can see the appeal of living in a place where all the different animals live together like that….and not just because it increases the menu for dinner,” she grins.

^
Fuli
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 02:32 PM

Fuli
Pridelander
Cheetah
17 posts
awards
N/A

//Nowhere to run

Fuli gave a laugh at the thought of Kion doing just that. Okay, maybe she would have likely done the same thing if it had been her. But it wasnt, it was Kion and so that made it a lot funnier of course. Well, as long as no one got hurt by it. Then it wouldn't be that funny.

The cheetah started to walk a little more proudly at being complimented in her help. "Yeah, that Zira is definitely no good. Anybody that thinks Scar was a good king can't mean good news." She answered before thinking on it and adding, "Not that I really knew him, of course... But the stories are enough for me. I mean, a king shouldn't ruin his kingdom. And who kills their own brother over a dumb crown anyway?" No, she wasn't alive when Scar ruled the lands but everyone had at least heard of how bad the Pridelands became with him in charge. Simba was a much better king....you know, for a lion.

Another laugh was given. "Cousins. That's​ an interesting change. Everyone else says they are brothers. Don't even get me started on Bunga. He likes to talk about it whenever he gets the chance." She rolled her eyes some thinking back on the time that was decided. He told everyone about it for like a week! Thankfully he had mostly calmed down about it. That was Bunga for you.

Emerald green eyes looked over the grasslands at the animals in sight. It wasn't something she really thought about, having so many species living together like this. Predator and prey even. Heck even all her friends were different species. "Yeah, I guess you are right. It is kind of nice seeing how different and​ the same everyone is." Fuli agreed as she turned her attention back to Jasiri. "So are there any other animals in the Outlands? Besides hyenas and Zira's family, of course." The cub asked out of pure curiosity.

user posted image
^
Jasiri
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 09:17 PM

Jasiri
Outlander
Hyena
33 posts
awards

Jasiri nodded, ”Scar really doesn’t have a good reputation among hyenas either, and that’s saying something considering how many helped him take over the Pridelands,” she said, though for once not punctuating her statement with a laugh,”Though at least for some it’s just because he tried to blame it all on the hyenas,” she sighs before grinning again,”But let’s not dwell on the past, shall we?”

And dwell they did not, soon gossiping on the structure of the royal family’s odd relations, ”Brothers? But, if they’re Simba’s parents but Bunga’s uncles, that’d make them cousins. Or are family trees just that much weirder in the Pridelands,” she laughs”In either case, I take it by your face Bunga was insufferable after finding that out, wasn’t he?”

Weird family trees aside, it seemed her and Fuli did agree that the Pridelands had at least something special going on with all the animals working together. It almost made having to talk about the Outlands seem rather dreary,”Well, there’s vultures, leopards, all sorts of animals really. A bit more on the predator side compared to the Pridelands though. Which does make food a bit difficult at times with so many animals competing for hunting grounds…” she said, glancing over at some nearby gazelle,”So you can see why the Pridelands can be a tempting target for some.”

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
Static
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Warrior Clan Cats OHaV Storybrooke Disney Conquest Happily Ever Afters
Scrolling
STORYBROOKE MAINE Dead Men Tell No Tales Heroes of Magix The Lion King