Outlanders

Shadowlanders

Non-Canon Male Lions Currently Restricted
Lionesses and Non-Lions Encouraged
Outlanders and Shadowlanders Encouraged
chatbox
tagbox
Credits
The Pride Lands' Guard RPG was created by Whammy of RPG-D. No profit is made from this forum, we claim no ownership of any 'The Lion King' media!

Site graphics and skin edits made by Blackjack Bart of RPG-D. Custom forum desc created exclusively for this RPG by Thisbe of RPG-D. Rules/Cast/Species templates coded by YunoTheNine of Shine. Affiliate table by Shimmer of Shine.

New Poll

Lions of the Outlands
Mew
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 03:33 AM

Mew
Espeon
0 posts
awards
N/A

Since we got a Nuka before the official introduction of Zira's Pride came into The Lion Guard and Nuka/Kion had an introduction thread before its official release, Lions of the Outlands happened a little differently for the purpose of this RP site

Sidetracked
- happens before Lions of the Outlands. In it, Nuka is out late at night and stumbles into the Pridelands' Watering Hole by accident. Kion finds him while heading out to the Watering Hole before the morning Guard patrol. The two learn of each other, Nuka that Kion is Simba's son and Kion that Nuka was banished unfairly and that Scar wasn't as bad as everyone says. This leads to Kion questioning part of the stories he has heard of him and gains a sense of trust to Nuka, who merely sees this chance as a means of helping Zira with her goals.

There may be more threads surrounding this thought of Scar not actually being as evil though still not good to Kion and a building of a false kinship between the two lions.

Lions of the Outlands
- happens fairly the same as the official episode. Jasiri turns to Kion and the guard to help with lions taking over her clan's watering hole. Kion sets out with her as he thinks it might be Nuka's pride, believing he can talk to the lion and sort everything out as he might not know there are good hyenas. Bunja goes to tell the rest of the Guard and gets sidetracked with the race between Fuli and Ono.

In the Outlands, Kion is right that it is Nuka's pride and meets his younger brother Kovu who seems to know his sister. Kion wants to set things right between Zira and his father and invite the lions back into the Pridelands.He wishes to speak to Zira and Nuka sees the chance for his plans to succeed in Zira getting Kion on their side, agreeing to the meeting.

Once there Kion meets Zira and Vitani. He questions on Scar and the reason of their banishment. But Zira pushes the questions aside to press more about the new guard and how much Kion knows of it, before stating she can't fully discuss it in front of Jasiri. Kion agrees to go and speak with her. It is seeing Zira's views on the other races and how lions should be superior that he starts to question if his father was right in banishing them after all. His decision is further set when he is forced to side with Zira or never return to the Pridelands. The ending is the same as the official with Kion sending all the Shadowlanders to the Shadowlands with the Roar.

user posted image user posted image user posted image
^
Ninclow
 Posted: Dec 14 2017, 10:54 AM

Ninclow
N/A
0 posts
awards
N/A

So just to check - this kinship Nuka worked so hard to create and which very well on the board - in my head, at least - turn genuine one day, and the trust Kion had in Nuka was broken when Zira and her lionesses tried to trap Kion? I think that Nuka would subtly try to pass hints to Kion behind everyone's backs that "This is my Mom, Kion, sorry, but I can't dispute her".

Also, if Nuka and Kion knew each other beforehand, I imagine that if Nuka pins down Jasiri, Kion would not jump at him going; "Get off!", but maybe more "Nuka? Nuka! It's okay, she's with me!"

Then Nuka would blink stupidly, surprised to see Kion there, let go of the hyena and perhaps say; "You're friends with a hyena?!" and be all surprised, but I think he'd sort of roll with it, if only because Nuka's math work like this:

Kion is the son of Simba.
Simba is bigger and stronger than me.
The hyena is Kion's friend.
Anything I do that might upset the royal cub might upset the King.
That might bite me in the behind later, because he's bigger and stronger than me.

And he would CERTAINLY NOT be dumb enough to go; "Harmless? O - ho! You're not gonna pin me this time!" and charge at him. My Nuka has at least something resembling a brain and knows doing that or anything overtly aggressive would be completely counterproductive.

^
Mew
 Posted: Dec 14 2017, 03:20 PM

Mew
Espeon
0 posts
awards
N/A

I'm not opposed to it. And I didn't write out every detail for this reason. lol I'm also up for more threads between the two that would fall between Sidetracked and Outlands to really form that bond to crush him more when Outlands happens cuz I like some angst .

But yeah. I didn't intend for this to be a solid thing. More like a suggestion and willing to add and change things. Just my way of making them both canon to the site.

user posted image user posted image user posted image
^
Ninclow
 Posted: Dec 14 2017, 05:39 PM

Ninclow
N/A
0 posts
awards
N/A

Yeah, I think could and should milk this sort of "friendship" they have as much as possible, and when Kion realize he's being manipulated, that's gonna hurt really bad and force him to acknowledge how much growing up he has to do in a sense. And it would also be difficult for Nuka to re-earn their trust. I say re-earn because in the movie, when Zira and Company ambush Simba, Nuka is a fully adult male lion stopping at nothing to help his mother, if a bit awkward. Here is a teenager and still growing up, and it is during this time Nuka would be most susceptible to change. Not when he is an adult turned rotten to the core, but when he is a bitter, angsty teen wanting nothing more than for his mom to show that she cares. The good thing about TLG for me is that it allows Nuka to at some point actually ask himself whether or not earning his mothers love is worth all the strife. And asking himself that will be easier the more he sees Kion, because even when or if Nuka do manipulates Kion, he also glimpses and might even come to covet the normal, healthy family dynamic he have and eventually concludes that Kion treats him well, so maybe he will find a home among the Pride Landers, where his accomplishments won't go unnoticed and he will feel a more genuine form for acceptance.

I can really see Nuka one day being in a really bad place, thoughtfully torn between wanting his mother's love and approval and the fact that in order to achieve any one of them, he must actually hurt others, even when they don't "ask for it", and when it seemed all was lost, then Mufasa appeared to him with that whole "it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be" speech. As thing stands right now... Sure, have no problem seeing Nuka in the Lions of the Outlands pre-Kion's involvement eagerly chasing away the hyenas because "lions are better", but I have a very hard time imagining him hurting any of them for the sake of it. Jasiri's clan, those little pupps? I can imagine Nuka could, if he gets ahead of himself in the "thrill of the hunt", could chase those tiny creatures, roar to frighten them for the fun of it. But to hurt them, let alone kill them - such defenseless, innocent little creatures? I just can't see Nuka go that far. Not until second half of TLK 2, and that's not where we are, and hopefully, not where we're headed either.

As per TLG Canon, only Simba and his Pride can see the Great Kings of the Past, so for MUFASA to appear and go; "Once a Pride Lander, always a Pride Lander" would definitively have a profound effect on him.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
Static
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Warrior Clan Cats OHaV Storybrooke Disney Conquest Happily Ever Afters
Scrolling
STORYBROOKE MAINE Dead Men Tell No Tales Heroes of Magix The Lion King