Outlanders

Shadowlanders

Non-Canon Male Lions Currently Restricted
Lionesses and Non-Lions Encouraged
Outlanders and Shadowlanders Encouraged
chatbox
tagbox
Credits
The Pride Lands' Guard RPG was created by Whammy of RPG-D. No profit is made from this forum, we claim no ownership of any 'The Lion King' media!

Site graphics and skin edits made by Blackjack Bart of RPG-D. Custom forum desc created exclusively for this RPG by Thisbe of RPG-D. Rules/Cast/Species templates coded by YunoTheNine of Shine. Affiliate table by Shimmer of Shine.

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
New Poll

Trouble with Gazelle, Kion, Nuka, Simba
Kovu
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 09:48 PM

Kovu
Shadowlander
N/A
35 posts
awards
N/A

Running. That is where Kovu had found himself, being chased by a herd of gazelle. His paws and muscles started to ache from running so long. Unfortunately that also caused him to slow, letting one gazelle's horns to catch him tossing him into a cliffside.

On his harsh landing he attempted to get up, roaring out in pain as best as one his age could do anyways as he collapsed back against the ground. Checking his legs, one was at an odd angle. His left paw felt numb, he turned his towards a sudden noise - the herd had loosened some rocks causing a rockslide to come down, he flattened his ears realizing that if he couldn't get away quick enough those rocks would certainly crush him! He did the only thing he could think of as he attempted to crawl himself away.

"HELP! Please!" The cub cried as loud as he could. He knew about Kion and The Lion Guard, which was his only chance to get through this mess. He couldn't walk even if he wanted to.

@Kion
^
Kion
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 01:09 AM

Kion
Pridelander
Lion
60 posts
awards
N/A

//Till the Pridelands end

It was just another day for the young cub. The guard was on their typical patrol through the Pridelands and it seemed like everything was as it should be. That, of course, didn't last long. Sure enough, Ono informed the group that Janja was at it again. Didn't that hyena ever learn? It seemed he had started a stampede of zebra. Alright, this shouldn't be too hard.

"Bunga, Fuli. You come with me to take care of Janja. Ono and Beshti, you calm down the herd." He ordered as they split to take care of the situation. It didn't take much before Janja and his clan were on the run again. Easy. Ono and Beshti should be okay with the herd as well. That meant they could start wrapping this one up.

However, Kion's ears perked up as he heard something else nearby. A call for help? Ono and Beshti seemed to still be with the herd and Fuli and Bunga were still busy driving Janja out. It seemed he would have to look into this on his own. Hopefully it wouldn't be too bad till the other's weren't so busy.

The prince hurried off where he found a herd of gazelle on the move. Did they start stampeding because of Janja too or had they heard the zebras and started from there or had something else entirely happened? He didn't know and he didn't have time to debate on that very long. That was when the sound of crashing rock hit his ears. A rockslide? Great! Someone could get really hurt from that!

That's when hazel eyes spotted someone right under where the rocks were falling. He didn't have time to get the others before the rocks would likely crush them! The cub had to act fast. Kion raced down as quickly as he could. "Hey! Watch out!" He shouted. Why weren't they moving out of the way? Wait, were they already hurt?

Kion bit his lip. He had to divert the rocks somehow. The herd seemed to have moved on so it should be okay. "Get down!" The prince called out as he stopped himself and planted his paws firmly on the ground before releasing a mighty roar. The Roar of the Elders. Tons of lions formed in the clouds above, joining in the roar to add to its power. This caused the rocks to move a few feet away and fall away from where the older cub lay.

With the rocks seeming to be stopped now, he moved to get closer to see just who had gotten themselves in such trouble. "Hey, are you okay?" Kion asked before blinking and stopping. "Wait... you.... You're one of Zira's cubs, aren't you? What are you doing in the Pridelands?" He demanded.

Lion Guard defend!//

user posted image
// Leader of the Lion Guard //
^
Kovu
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 03:19 PM

Kovu
Shadowlander
N/A
35 posts
awards
N/A

The cub sighed, looking to the golden one in front of him. "Yes. We met awhile ago, remember? Anyhow, I got separated from my brother, half-brother actually. Secondly, all your Pridelanders talk about circle of life yet there is barely any food in the Outlands. Nevermind the rather fierce competition between lion, hyena, and jackal… Even over scraps." Shaking his head.

Kovu paused to look over his legs again. "And third, Kiara and I always had little meetings together." He gave a small smile at that. "But it looks like I'm not going anywhere soon"

He shifted his body enough to show the younger cub his broken leg, as he whispered a thanks to Kion.
^
Kion
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 06:26 PM

Kion
Pridelander
Lion
60 posts
awards
N/A

The prince raised a brow, unsure what the Prideland's value of the Circle of Life had to do with how much food was available in the Outlands. Zira and her clan were banished for attacking Simba after Scar was killed for not believing Simba to be the rightful king. That didn't really have anything to do with the Circle of Life or how much food was in the Outlands. Jasiri and her clan seemed to do quite well though. He would have to ask her about that.

"Nuka? He's here too?" Kion asked as he took a glance around. At least that's what the cub assumed he meant he was doing, looking for Nuka here after getting separated. He dismissed it for now as he questioned the relationship the older could have with his sister. "You do? Just how do you know my sister? And why would you bother coming to see her when you are banished?" He asked again.

The lions of the Outlands were still questionable to him. Zira had threatened him to choose the side of lions and demanded her children do the same but that wasn't what it meant to be a good king. You had to look out for everyone. Not just lions. Speaking of which.... his ears dropped at the sight of Kovu's misshapen paw. That wasn't good. "I don't suppose you can get up, can you?" Kion questioned as he tried to think what to do. His dad would know but.... he couldn't really ask him, could he? Maybe he should look for his brother instead.....Or maybe he should gather back with the rest of the guard. Ah, choices.

Lion Guard defend!//

user posted image
^
Kovu
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 09:58 PM

Kovu
Shadowlander
N/A
35 posts
awards
N/A

"Somewhere, maybe…" The dark cub shook his head as he looked over at Kion, "Mom's not going to be happy. Then again, when is she ever?" He spoke more to himself at first.

"Er…" He looked shy for a moment at the mention of Kiara. “Y-you ever had a crush yet?”

Kovu decided to answer the question of him coming here first of all, "Let me ask you this: How is a little scrawny mouse supposed to feed a pride of lions? Let alone a clan of hyena and pack of jackal..."

It wasn't just his left paw that was misshapen, his hind right leg also was.

Once asked if he could stand the older of the two cubs drooped his ears, “No. Well, not alone; at least... I think. I had tried before I heard that rockslide...”

Kovu also pondered on the choices they had, risk mother's wrath on having Nuka carry him home or, deal with Simba? He didn't particularly like either choice, but he was rather limited. He sighed, “Well, if you help me get away from these unstable rocks I can tell you more about how Kiara and I met...”
As he said that a rather large rock fell landing quite near them which caused him to try and back up, unfortunately that put weight on his leg and paw which caused him to cry out in pain. Even just crawling backwards was difficult for him.

He wasn't sure where he could stay, but for now he would be stuck in the Pride Lands at any rate. “You alright Kion?” He asked as that rock landed a bit too close for comfort, despite his own injuries he showed concern for the other first, a quality of a good king.
^
Kion
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 11:41 PM

Kion
Pridelander
Lion
60 posts
awards
N/A

It seemed the older wasn't sure if Nuka was here or not. He did comment about his mother not being happy of him getting hurt. This came as no surprise as the small amount of time he spent with Zira told him she didn't stand for things not going how she liked them. At least that was the feeling he got when she threatened to kill him for not agreeing that lions should stand above all other animals.

The next question cause a look like he had eaten something rotten. "Yuck. You like my sister?" He was still in that young mindset of romance being mushing. Not only that but it was his sister. Sure, he did care for her but he also knew how much of a pain she could be.

Kion should have guessed he was getting food, even though he was banished from the land. Still he was hurt and he hadn't actually attacked back in the Outlands like Nuka. His need to helps those in trouble also pulled at him. Ugh. "Alright. I'll help you-" The cub started when another rock fell, landing loudly near them. He lowered his ears and body before he could register what had happened. They really need to get out of here.

There wasn't any time to go and get Beshti. He would have to do it himself at least till they got away from the dangers of the rocks. The prince moved closer to try and let the other use him to at least pull some weight off his legs and lead out towards the safer grass area. Then they could decide what to do.

Lion Guard defend!//

user posted image
^
Kovu
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 12:15 AM

Kovu
Shadowlander
N/A
35 posts
awards
N/A

Kovu didn't waste any time accepting the younger's help, putting his right paw around Kion - his left paw, though slightly injured he could still put some weight on. His hind leg however was a definite no for putting any weight on.

Once he was at the safer green grass he layer down to get a better look at the damage he'd sustained before sighing with his ears dropped. As he looked longingly at the monolith in the distance that was Pride Rock and… his home, before Zira had to… "Mother…" He growled to himself shaking his head. The older cub looked like he wanted to say more, but was uncertain of telling Kion. "Yet, in a way… I kind of do understand her…" He chanced looking Kion in the eyes, "How much do you know about Scar anyways?" Kovu asked.
^
Kion
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 07:12 PM

Kion
Pridelander
Lion
60 posts
awards
N/A

The young prince did his best to help lead him back to the safety of the grasslands. Once there, he watched the older lay down. His paws definitely didn't look good. Maybe he should ask his dad for help. This was a more serious problem and not one he knew how to fix himself. Or maybe Rafiki would be a better choice. He didn't know.

Kion tilted his head at hearing the other mutter about his mother. He didn't agree with her? No... he did. In a way at least, it seemed. The younger blinked. Scar? They certainly seemed to praise him. "I could ask you the same thing." He noted as he sat down in front of Kovu. "Scar was my great uncle. I know he killed my grandfather for the thrown and destroyed the Lion Guard with the Roar when the guard wouldn't help him take the thrown as a cub. He tried to kill my father too......" His voice trailed.

While he knew Scar wasn't a good king and he did a lot of bad things. The stories from Nuka of a.... kinder Scar still sat at the edge of his mind. Was he really telling the truth? The cub didn't know but it had left an impression on him regardless. Not that Kovu needed to know that.

Lion Guard defend!//

user posted image
^
Kovu
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 05:06 PM

Kovu
Shadowlander
N/A
35 posts
awards
N/A

"Mother is… rather obsessive about him. But, I have heard about that…" He replied, still looking off at the rock. "I believe mother thinks Simba killed Scar, and so in her eyes one murdering a murderer is no better than the murderer themselves. In this case, Scar."

Kovu shook his head, looking back at Kion. "I've heard some things from the lionesses and others. It's just my guess from what I've picked up on listening to gossips and such." He gave a slight friendly smile, "Mother pretty much spoils me, making sure I get the food first when we do got food…" He sighed after.

"Have you ever thought about what happens with us Outlanders; not just us lions, when it's drought season and considering we have even less water to begin with….?" He decided to question, perhaps the two cubs could work out some arrangement with their respective parents. But, that would have to come later, as for now he was stuck in the Pride Lands.
^
Kion
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 05:13 PM

Kion
Pridelander
Lion
60 posts
awards
N/A

Zira was his mate, right? Or something... He didn't really know. That was yucky grown-up stuff. Kion made a face. His dad didn't really kill Scar, did he? It was the hyenas but... he did sort of help in that. But it was only to saved the Pridelands so it was okay... Or... Ugh. He didn't know. Scar was evil. Mostly. So it was a good thing he wasn't around anymore even though he was his great uncle. At least, that's what everyone told him.

The cub tilted his head when told that Kovu was rather spoiled by his mother. That made sense she would want her cubs to have the most food. It was a natural desire for a mom. At least, he knew his mom was like that with him and Kiara.

The thought of water in the Outlands reminded him of their first meeting. Back when they tried to steal Jasiri's family's watering hole. Kion made a bit of a face at the memory. "Like when you tried to steal and keep Jasiri out of hers? I haven't forgotten about that." He half snapped before sighing and looking away. "I don't think it goes so great, does it? So what do you do? Besides take someone else's watering hole?" The prince asked. He did feel a little bad.

Lion Guard defend!//

user posted image
^
Kovu
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 10:02 PM

Kovu
Shadowlander
N/A
35 posts
awards
N/A

"Mother's idea. Besides, what exactly was I supposed to do against her?" Kovu responded in turn to the snap with a slight growl. Sighing after, "You met her. You've an idea what she's like. Still doesn't change the facts about water in those lands during droughts…"

He laid his head down on his good paw sadly, "Just cause mother don't care doesn't mean the rest of us also do…"

"Isn't The Lion Guard's main duty to Protect this Circle of Life?" Kovu asked suddenly with one of his smirks, "And, life does exist outside of the precious Pride Lands. Besides, I was born in these here Pride Lands. But mother had to go and…" He shook his head, looking up straight at Kion with an intense gaze. "Why should we be punished for something mother did that we had no part in?"
^
Nuka
 Posted: May 3 2017, 07:07 PM

Nuka
Shadowlander
N/A
38 posts
awards
N/A

"That's a very good question!"

It dawned on him that his voice must have sounded somewhat distant to the two cubs. Probably hard to hear, even. As he rose from where he had been lurking in the grass for the past few minutes, wanting be sure no adult males who were obviously physically superior to him popped up before he made an entry. Which, he had to admit, certainly proved less impressive than intended. He thought the two dots in the distance heard him, even though he could barely hear them. Although they were speaking normally, not shouting at the top of their voice like he him. Nuka groaned and rolled his eyes as he realized open grassland, while allowing echoes to be carried around, did not provide quite as nice acoustics as when the sound of his voice were ricocheting between the bones of the humongous elephants or the sparse amount of dangerous mountain-like cliffs of the Outlands. Racing up to the duo of termites on record time, he jumped, landing deftly straight in front of them, taking no notice of his brother's injuries whatsoever as he turned to look at Kion, sneering ever so slightly:

"Why are we be punished for something our Mother did that we had no part in?"

^
Kovu
 Posted: May 5 2017, 07:53 PM

Kovu
Shadowlander
N/A
35 posts
awards
N/A

Kovu partly rolled his eyes at his bigger brother stepping in between them. "Nuka, move over a bit. We were just having a conversation. Besides, do you honestly want to face mother's wrath bringing me home like this?" Despite himself he had on a slight smirk, knowing full well that Zira puts Nuka in charge of watching over him while she's away hunting or something.
^
Kion
 Posted: May 13 2017, 08:34 PM

Kion
Pridelander
Lion
60 posts
awards
N/A

The young prince had to admit the older cub had a point. It did seem like Zira was the one that made all the choices in their pride much like his father did for his own. If Simba made a choice he didn't agree with, it would be hard to deal with. Not that he ever really disagreed with his dad but it was the same concept. It wasn't right to judge Kovu for the actions that Zira did. Like it wasn't right to judge all hyenas for the actions of Janja.

Kion sighed and lowed his ears as he thought. "You do have a point there...." However, they perked up quickly at a softer sound. A distant one. Someone was listening to them? He looked around and spotted someone in the grass racing towards them. Was that Fuli? No... Not fast enough. And not the right color to be anyone else of the guard. Speaking of which... They were likely wondering where he had gone by now. Oops...

Blinking as the figure got closer and leaped down in front of the 2 cubs. Nuka. The youngest cub returned to his feet and glared at the oldest as he was asked in agreement with Kovu's question. Kion stopped glaring as he didn't know exactly how to answer that. They really shouldn't be punished for their mother's actions. If they really felt she was wrong. Perhaps he needed to speak to his father about this after all.

"Alright... I can talk to my dad... If you really don't agree with what Zira is doing then... I don't see why you should be punished for it as well... " Kion stated as he glanced over both once more. "Wait here and I'll go get him."

Lion Guard defend!//

user posted image
^
Simba
 Posted: May 15 2017, 03:02 PM

Simba
Pridelander
Lion
27 posts
awards
N/A

The circle of life
and your life will depend on who's on your team.

Before heading home, Simba had had his Majadiliano with the elephants - it was a discussion about the animal's problems what the king had to solve (my headcanon). He was walking back to Pride Rock when he noticed Kion approaching him. "Ah, son." He stopped, a little smile showed up on Simba's face seeing his cub. "I just finished the Majadiliano with the elephants, I'm going home, are you coming too?" credit to shipwrecks on RPG-Directory

Like my facebook page: Simba FB-page
Follow me on tumblr: Simba-tumblr

user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
Static
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Warrior Clan Cats OHaV Storybrooke Disney Conquest Happily Ever Afters
Scrolling
STORYBROOKE MAINE Dead Men Tell No Tales Heroes of Magix The Lion King