Outlanders

Shadowlanders

Non-Canon Male Lions Currently Restricted
Lionesses and Non-Lions Encouraged
Outlanders and Shadowlanders Encouraged
chatbox
tagbox
Credits
The Pride Lands' Guard RPG was created by Whammy of RPG-D. No profit is made from this forum, we claim no ownership of any 'The Lion King' media!

Site graphics and skin edits made by Blackjack Bart of RPG-D. Custom forum desc created exclusively for this RPG by Thisbe of RPG-D. Rules/Cast/Species templates coded by YunoTheNine of Shine. Affiliate table by Shimmer of Shine.

New Poll

Brother, my brother~, Simba, Kion, Kiara, Priderockers, Open
Malka
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 04:59 PM

Malka
Pridelander
N/A
3 posts
awards
N/A

~Brother, my brother...
We should love one, another~

There it was, he couldn't miss it now and get lost again, it stood in plain sight!

Pride Rock. It stood in front of him, in all its regal glory. The gigantic geological entity that served as both throne and palace in this vast, fertile plain of land. Malka had spent the past few years as a rogue, thus availing the opportunities presented by being a traveller, having gone well out into the horizon - there, and back again. Even so, apart from a densely forested jungle, he had not come across a land as fertile as the Pridelands.

He could feel heart beating loudly against his chest.

Simba was there...

Alive.

Simba had been his closest friend - his brother. Nala, and Zazu... he had not seen them since they were all cubs. Since Simba... he had been told by Zazu, had died... alongside Mufasa. Malka's eyes glistened a bit, as he recalled his late adoptive father - who had been more of a father to him than anyone, considering he never knew his biological sire, and the Pride Males of his birthpride barely considered him one of them. Had it not been for his mother being such an able huntress, they would not have tolerated him - but they did so for her sake.

He blinked away the fluid that could have become a tear as he recalled Mufasa. Now was not the time for that; this was a momentous occasion, a time for reunion.

Flashback~

Malka growled threateningly at the spotted hyena that had tried to sneak up on his prey, only to get caught with his neck in Malka's paw.

"Grrr... what is a poacher like you doing out here, all the way from the Pridelands, trying to steal my kill?"

"Y-Y-Y-Your kill?! Your... Hehehehe... I didn't know it was..." Malka tightened his grip. "UGH! Yours! I'm gone! I swear!" Malka loosened his grip. "L-L-Let me go... please, let me live. The King of the Pridelands won't let us eat in their territory! I-I-I was hungry and..."

"What? What are you talking about? King Scar allowed hyenas into the Pridelands long ago..." Malka said, loosening his grip on the mangy hyena further, while raising his eyebrow.

"Scar?! That traitor?! He's been dead almost three seasons! Where you have been, Your Highness, under a rock?! I'm talkin' 'bout that lousy King Simba who doesn't let us even get the little sick ones! Now let me go!"

Malka's eyes widened. "SIMBA?!"

End Flashback~

He had hoped somehow Mufasa's death had been a lie too. Sadly, that had not turned out to be the case. Still, at least Simba... Simba would be older now. He would have a mane, like him. Malka recalled how he used to brag to Simba about having more hair than him as cubs. Vaguely, he wondered who would have the bigger mane now.

A thousand thoughts ran through Malka's head simultaneously, as he neared Pride Rock.

Had Simba changed...? Was he still kindhearted like before, or had he grown bloodthirsty and ruthless, like many young lions who prowled the wild did?

Did he still consider them brothers?

Simba would most likely not recognise him. What if he thought he was a nomad trying to take over the Pride and chased him away without giving him a chance to explain himself?

Still, Malka inhaled. He had to do this. He was close enough - either Simba or one of the lionesses would have picked up his scent by now. Malka leapt over the rocks, to the cliffside that was to the right of Pride Rock - the same one where Scar had hit Sarabi all those seasons ago, though Malka would not know of that.

"*ROAR* SIMBA!" Malka called, his voice echoing across the rock formation. The leonine roar had been a gentle one, not a dominating one, to show he meant peace not war. Simba would certainly not recognize him immediately, not even his scent, as they had been apart too long.

He still did not know how kind or ruthless his brother had grown up to be... he had to make sure the lionesses or their King didn't kill him without listening.

When lions approached each other with peaceful intentions, they used puffing as a way of communicating their intentions. "Pfft, pfft..." Malka began, as he could hear and sniff the Pride approaching.
^
Kion
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 05:54 PM

Kion
Pridelander
Lion
60 posts
awards
N/A

//Till the Pridelands end

The young prince was lounging about in the Guard's lair. They had finished their patrol for now and were off doing their own thing till the later patrol. Kion was stretched out on a rock over looking the small pond. One paw dangled down while his tail lazily flicked around on the rock. His eyes were closed but he wasn't sleeping, just relaxing.

It was a nice day. A bit slow but that wasn't really a bad thing. They needed some easy days to balance out the more stressful ones. Not that there had been anything particularly hard to deal with in the past few days. Still, he was taking advantage of the down time none-the-less.

That was til a roar let out through the air followed by a call for his father. Maroon eyes flicked open. Who was that? It certainly didn't sound like anyone he knew. Nor could it have been one of the other lionesses. It sounded more like a male's voice. Kion pulled himself on to his feet and ran out the entrance to the lair to follow the sound.

It didn't take long before the young cub saw the strange lion. Dark colored mane and fur, his mind went to the lions in the Outlands. It looked a lot like the same color as Nuka or Kovu. Was he part of Zira's pride? He didn't see any males there before besides the two brothers. But he didn't really get the feeling that he was with them either. Just who was he and how did he know the king?

The prince slowly stepped forwards. He hadn't had to go against an adult male lion before and he hoped he didn't have to. "Uh... hey. Can I help you?" He asked with a tilt of his head.

Lion Guard defend!//

user posted image
// Leader of the Lion Guard //
^
Simba
 Posted: Jul 5 2017, 09:02 AM

Simba
Pridelander
Lion
27 posts
awards
N/A

An other nice day in the Pride Lands, it seemed. There was no trouble yet, there was peace around so the pride and Simba could take a nap in front of the cave. The morning hunt was successful, the lionesses had caught a buffalo without Simba's help. He helped them sometimes but today morning he had to do his own patrol with Zazu. With full stomach, rest was more sweeter on this midday.

Simba was falling asleep when he heard a big roar calling his name. The voice sounded unfamiliar, he couldn't have any idea who roared like that. The lion stood up shaking his head a bit - he was still a bit sleepy - and made his way following the source of the sound. He got to the edge when he noticed the adult male lion standing near Kion who was approacing him. Simba started walking down on the Pride Rock's path to go to the other lion. Black mane, pale orange fur - the male really was not familiar to Simba, but still, it was a stranger on his territory!

user posted image

"I hope you know that you're standing on a territory that is not yours!" Came the firm voice with a frown. Simba was always protective and he was always ready to fight for his family and his kingdom. "Who are you anyway?"

Like my facebook page: Simba FB-page
Follow me on tumblr: Simba-tumblr

user posted image
^
Malka
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 04:07 PM

Malka
Pridelander
N/A
3 posts
awards
N/A

Malka watched as a young cub was among the first to respond to his call, something that the black-maned rogue had not expected. What struck him, however, was the regal manner in which this cub carried himself, and how much he resembled...

Malka's eyes widened at the realization, as he lowered his neck, his face gently moving down to inspect the Lion Prince from a closer perspective.

There was quite a bit of young Simba in him, but Malka could have sworn he was staring down at a younger version of his adoptive father, Mufasa. Right down to the brushed-back tuft of red mane on the top of his head. Malka had never seen Mufasa as a cub, of course, but Kion this cub had the exact same facial features, and was even muscular like Mufasa had mightily been.

"My, my, little fellow," Malka finally spoke, his voice deep but gentle, as his neck was lowered resulting in his face being inches away from where Kion was standing. "You look a lot like... my father..."

And then finally, the King himself came.

Malka raised his neck again, and his eyes widened as he took in the red mane, the golden pelt, the red-brown eyes. From afar, it was as if he was Mufasa, but as he came closer, Malka realized that this lion was not his father, but he was most certainly related.

Malka decided to test the waters.

"Simba...?"

He paused, sagging his shoulders as he raised his head to properly look at the King of the Pridelands. "Simba, its me... your brother, Malka..." Malka shook his head, before blinking twice just to make sure this was not a dream. For long he had thought Simba dead, and now his brother stood before him; alive and regal. "I can't believe it, you're really alive...!"
^
Simba
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 12:58 PM

Simba
Pridelander
Lion
27 posts
awards
N/A

Simba kept an eye on the stranger, after all his own son was standing next to the male and Kion could easily get hurt if the other decided to attack. But then, when the stranger told him who he really was, Simba's anger started dissolving and his face went shocked.

"What...?" Did he just hear well? Simba narrowed his widened eyes to get better eyesight, amazement could be heard in his voice. Oh, how blind he was! How could Simba not recognize his old friend and brother?

user posted image "Malka? Malka! Brother!"

The lion now started to run towards the other male and gave him a big hug. "How happy I am to see you again!" Simba added then he let Malka go and turned towards his son. "Kion, this is my brother, Malka. Malka, this is my younger cub, Kion. Father adopted him a long time ago." Happiness was shining in Simba's eyes.

user posted image
^
Kion
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 02:27 PM

Kion
Pridelander
Lion
60 posts
awards
N/A

The cub blinked and tilted his head to one side when he was told he looked like the older's father. He did? But he didn't really look like this dark maned lion who should look like his father, right? At least that made sense to him. Everyone said he looked like Simba and Mufasa because they were his father and grandfather and Kiara looked like Nala. Then again, he didn't know anything about this lion's father.

It was then that his father came up behind him. Kion looked over to him and watched the serious tone to the older lion. It made sense as they didn't really get lions from beyond the Prideland's boarders. The only ones he even knew of out there were Zira's pride and they were once Pridelanders till they tried to over throw his dad. Is that what this lion wanted to do?

No, he claimed to be Simba's.....brother? Wait, he never told Kion he had an uncle before. "Uh, Dad?" He asked as he tilted his head to one side once more as he watched his father. The cub was surprised to see the serious scold suddenly vanish as he ran excited and embraced the other lion who had claimed to be Malka.

Now he was really confused. How come he was never told about an uncle before? The prince rose to his feet as he got closer to the two large lions, listening to his father's explanation. "Grandfather adopted him? Like how Timon and Pumbaa adopted you?" He asked as he tried to understand the situation. "Where has he been?" He asked once more.

Lion Guard defend!//

user posted image
^
Malka
 Posted: Aug 20 2017, 03:04 AM

Malka
Pridelander
N/A
3 posts
awards
N/A

Malka chuckled as he hugged Simba back, his dark eyes also sparkling with joy and delight. "It is great to see you as well, brother. I had... I was told you had died, when Scar had assumed to the Throne. You can imagine what I've been through," Malka sat back. "But you're here now... things are how they're supposed to be. So I thought I'd come back and pay a visit!"

Malka then looked down at the little cub that Kion had introduced him to. The black-maned lion's eyes widened.

"You have a cub?"

He pondered for a few seconds, then muttered out again, a bit dazzled.

"Younger cub?"

Then he was silent for a few seconds again, before saying, quite slowly.

"I have nephews?"

Silence reigned in the Pride Lands for another few tense moments, before Malka suddenly exploded in cheer and grabbed Kion with his paw, pulling him close for a hug. "Oh this is great news! Could this day get any better?!"

When Kion asked where he had been, Malka let the red-maned prince onto the ground again. "I had been wandering around outside the borders of the Pridelands, as a rogue, after I was told that Simba and Mufasa were both gone. I don't think Uncle Scar would've let me in his pride, anyways. I no longer have a pride of my own, you see, and I don't have a mate, so I can't start my own pride either. I spent quite some time in the desert, in fact."
^
Simba
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 03:32 PM

Simba
Pridelander
Lion
27 posts
awards
N/A

"And you did very well, Malka." Said Simba and let the other male go then he sat down. His expression changed when the black-maned lion was talking and he looked at Malka with sympathy. "Yes... I can imagine what you have been through. Scar... Scar destroyed this land, everything was dry and lifeless. We all are happy that the balance has been restored." Simba added with a smile then looked at his son. "Yes, Kion, just like Timon and Pumbaa adopted me."

Simba turned his smiling face towards Malka again. It'd been many years since they have last talked. How many exactly? He didn't know. The point now was that there was a new opportunity for them.

"If you would like, you can stay with us here in the Pride Lands. You are more than welcome to stay as long as you want. After all, this is your second home."

user posted image
^
Kion
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 02:46 PM

Kion
Pridelander
Lion
60 posts
awards
N/A

The cub sat back down as he listened to the two older lions discuss how they had been since the last time they had seen each other. So they hadn't seen each other since Scar took over the Pridelands. Kion smiled at how happy the two seemed to be from what was a long time. At least he thought it was a long time. Simba was only a cub when Scar took over. Much like he was now.

The prince gave a small laugh when Malka got excited at having two nephews. "Actually, Kiara is a girl." He corrected, not dropping that smile as he listened more between the two. He didn't have a pride anymore? Kion wondered why but his father answered that he was free to stay here before he could ask. "Wait till Bunga hears about this!" The cub announced with a laugh. Since he and Simba were brothers, in a way, did that mean Bunga and Malka were 'brothers', too? He could hear the honey badger's excitement already.

Lion Guard defend!//

user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
Static
World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Warrior Clan Cats OHaV Storybrooke Disney Conquest Happily Ever Afters
Scrolling
STORYBROOKE MAINE Dead Men Tell No Tales Heroes of Magix The Lion King